Home   •   About me   •   Contact   •   Recognition   •   Freebies   •   Destash

Dino-mite stars and stripes!

Hi Guys!
Time to play along with the new (okay, not new... I'm very late this time) Lawnscaping Challenge!! The current theme is "Stars and stripes" in honor of the upcoming 4th of July. As you might know, I'm not from the USA.. though I made my card more suitable for other occasions. Buuuuuut I used at least the right colors! :)
Critters from the past was and still is one of my most favorite stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. I haven't used it for a while, so it was time to let the dinosaurs out again. Oh! And btw: Jurassic World started last week in our german cinemas!

The dinosaur and the palm tree are colored with copics and the speech bubble (Lawn Fawn "Into the woods") is stamped with Lawn Fawndamentals "Cranberry". I stamped and embossed some little stars on the small background and colored it with Distress Inks and water afterwards. 
I drew some red stripes on a watercolor paper and splashed (is that a word?!) water on it to get this great watercolored look. I hope that you can see that there were originally stripes! :D


 Challenge:


Kommentare:

Holly AKA KopyKat hat gesagt…

So fun!

Daria Z. hat gesagt…

Such a wonderful card. Love the watercolor striped bg and your coloring on the dinosaur is amazing! Congrats on your win!